Brown Butter Carbonara
Do you ever need a quick dinner & carb overload!! Look no further than our Simple Brown Butter Carbonara recipe.
This buttery rich & luscious cheesy dish is only a few ingredients away. The hardest part is waiting for the pasta to boil. But because we used Classic Foods delicious fresh egg pappardelle pasta the wait will be well worth it!
5tbsp Koa Roots Smoked Brown Butter (any flavor of your choice)
12oz Pasta of your choice (We love Classic Foods Pappardelle)
1 Whole Egg
3 Egg Yolk
1 cup grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
1/4tsp Ground Pepper
*Optional* Crispy Guanciale or Smoked Bacon Crumbles
1. Pour water and add 4tbsp of salt to a heavy bottom pot and bring to a boil.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, egg yolks, Pecorino Romano cheese, ground Pepper & set aside.
3. Add pasta into your boiling pot of water. Cook pasta to your desired doneness.
4. In a skillet add smoked brown butter & melt over medium low heat.
5. Before draining your cooked pasta, reserve a cup of the pasta water & set aside.
6. Drain pasta then add to skillet of melted smoked brown butter.
7. Stir in the egg, cheese, and ground pepper mixture into the pasta.
8. Add a bit of the reserved pasta water to the pasta to create a creamy sauce. Add more water if the sauce is too thick.
9. Remove skillet from heat
10. Top with optional Guanciale or bacon crumbles. Season with extra Pecorino Romano cheese and ground pepper.
11. Serve immediately & enjoy!
#pasta #brownbutter #koaroots #PortlandFoodie #eaterpdx #pdx #portlandfood #pdxeats #pdxfoodie #igfood #foodporn #pdxfood #foodstagram #eating #supportsmallbusiness #hawaii #pnw #goodfood #community #family #friends #SundayDinner #LetsEat #classicfoods