Papa's Lina Lina Pancake
Breakfast for Dinnah! Breakfast for dinner always hits the spot so we made some Hawaii Lina Lina Pancakes like the ones papa would make for the keikis growing up. We rolled our Lina Lina Pancakes in our Guava Fruit Butter and it was so good! 🤙You should try it too!
A pancake that is very similar to a crepes but just a little thicker. The texture of the pancake should be chewy, a bit doughy and able to roll without breaking. What makes our Koa Root Butter combo so ono is that the sweetness will not over power but compliments the pancakes along with not having to worry about your butter burning if your pan gets too hot 😉 You'll be able to get a hint of the buttery caramel flavor from the smoked brown butter along with the sweetness of the fruit butter of choice.
2 cups flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup milk or water (your preference)
1. Mix egg, sugar, vanilla extract & milk/water together one at a time until well combined.
2. Add flour to the mixture above, mix & combine until no lumps remain.
3. Grab a medium size pan or skillet and heat over medium/low heat.
4. Place and melt a dollop of our Koa Roots Hawaiian Sea Salt Brown Butter into the heated pan and coat the pan evenly.
5. Once butter is melted scoop about 1/3 cup of batter and gentle pour into pan.
6.Let pancake cook until edges are firm, check by lifting the pancake after a couple minutes to see if the underside is golden brown. If so gently flip.
7. Once both sides are golden brown place your lina lina pancakes on a plate to slightly cool.
8. When the pancakes are cool to touch slather your favorite fruit butter (as much as your ❤️ desires) on one side of the pancake and roll.
9. You can enjoy as is or you can lightly dust the rolled pancakes with powdered sugar, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or heaping topping of whipped cream.
Yields 8-10 depending on the size of your pancakes
#eaterpdx #pdx #portland #portlandfood #pdxeats #pdxfoodie #pdxfoodies #portlandfoodie #portlandfoodies #igfood #foodporn #pdxfood #foodstagram #eating #supportsmallbusiness #hawaii #pnw #goodfood #brownbutter #frutbutter #aloha #808 #BIPOC #community #family #friends #SundayDinner #LetsEat #pancake